Saturday, November 13, 2010

My First Week

I finally have internet so I can blog once again! I know you missed me...probably not...but let's pretend. I started work this week at this big shiny building.
It seriously blinds me everyday when I drive into work. Monday was pretty laid back because I spent almost the entire day with HR going over benefits, PTO, and reviewing just how AWESOME Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas really is. At the end of the day I got to go up and meet my boss and some of my coworkers. Tuesday I spent the first half of the day doing HIPAA training, and then the real fun began. I spent the rest of the week learning stuff about my job. If you want the details, let's talk. It hit me this week that I moved 1,000 miles away from ANYONE I know. What was I thinking? No, this is actually a good thing and I feel good about being here. I am extremely grateful for this opportunity. It'll take some time before I feel like I fit in and like this is my home.

Jonathan and Wendy gave me a gift card for my birthday...WAY back in September. Thank you Jonathan and Wendy! You guys are awesome! I decided to spend it today. This is what I bought!
Awesome, right? Dare I say YES!!!!! I think so. It can also double as a place to sit...I don't even have a chair. Please imagine me eating my breakfast while sitting on this. :)  I also bought some Christmas music, but I shall refrain from telling you who the artists are in fear of you making fun of me....because I know you will! Now off to sculpt awesome abs and fabulous arms while listening to mass-produced Christmas music.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, pretty crazy to move somewhere so far not knowing ANYone, just for a job! I totally did that when I graduated and moved to Omaha, NE. It definitely takes some getting used to. But you'll be great, and you'll probably end up loving it! ;) I'm excited for the adventures awaiting you.

    ReplyDelete