Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowy, Snowy Dallas.

Some unusual weather has hit Dallas as of late. On Tuesday night we had this massive ice storm. I could hear it pelting my window all night, but the real fun came when I had to leave for work the next morning. You see, my friends, I do not have an ice scraper. I bought this car in October and immediately moved to Texas. And well, you know...you don't need to worry because it doesn't get cold in Texas. Somebody told me that...but I can't remember who....Anyways, I didn't have any method to remove the inch thick layer of ice that covered my car. I spent 45 minutes sitting in my car waiting for the ice to melt...You see, I couldn't leave my car running while I was inside because I am afraid that someone will steal my wicked rad car....So there I sat. NOBODY, I mean nobody, was on the roads that morning, so the drive wasn't too bad. Nothing that couldn't be handled. I think the entire state of Texas took the day off of work...(The grass wasn't even covered with the 'snow' that we got). This entire week at work has been very sparse. In fact, out of the 9,000 people that work at the great and spacious building that is Blue Cross Blue Shield, I think only the actuaries showed up...and not even all of us at that. By the way, if you don't know what an actuary is, you should google it. Back to my story, it snowed another 6ish inches last night. This didn't go too well with the layer of ice underneath it. The commute was the worst this morning, seeing how I don't think a single plow exists in the state of TX (kidding, the news said there were 30 plows out. seriously? 30 plows....Only NYC, LA, and Chicago are bigger than you and you only have 30 plows out? haha) BUT it's the weekend, and I don't have to deal with the commute for two whole days! This is glorious. Oh Texas, you are great. If I were still in school, I would of have four days off! How awesome is that?!? Well folks, I just got home from work, gah!. It's 10:30. I'm outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment