Saturday, September 12, 2009

Weekend!

It's the weekend! Thank goodness; so here I sit in the library doing homework all day. BYU has only been in session for two weeks and I already have two tests coming up next week. I will be studying most of the day for them. It's ok though. I am really liking my classes this year. The material is very interesting.
Last night, two of my friends and I decided to go to Cafe Rio and then the BYU's Fall Fest. Cafe Rio was amazing as always, but Fall Fest wasn't that great. We weren't really sure what to expect, but we figured it would be fun to get out of our apartments and at least attempt to do something fun. There was salsa dancing, laser tag, a bunch of video games to play, singers and bands performing, an actual dance out in Brigham's Square and other activities. This all seems like it would be fun, except for the massive amounts of people who attended and the big lines to get into everything. We ended up leaving after about 30 minutes of wandering around without doing anything.
We ended up back at one of our apartments to play games. We played Pit, Scum, and War. Our selection of games wasn't that great and there were only three people playing. Anyway, I had never played Pit before, and it was kind of interesting to play a game that tries to resemble a market economy. Scum was frustrating! One person won every single round, and we probably played 20 rounds. We could not overtake him. War was our last resort to find something to do. Of course it lasted way too long and I was very grateful to lose.
Overall, last night was a fun night. It is always fun to take a break from school work and spend time with your friends.

1 comment:

  1. Scum is one of my favorite games. Doesn't take a lot of brain work, there is a certain amount of luck and a little bit of strategy involved. Plus it fun to get to call some people Scum! Nice blogging!

    ReplyDelete