Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Buy Someone a Coke

Last week, my professor introduced the assignment of "buying someone a coke." In this assignment, we had to buy a stranger something. I had to think about what I was going to do because this is completely out of character for me. After paying for some of the meal for the person behind me in the Taco Bell drive-thru, it made me think how this person felt. Since I don't know the person who was behind me, I am going to assume that they appreciated it. I know I would if that happened to me. I hope that they felt good about someone doing something nice for them. I also hope that they maybe they passed on the good deed; a.k.a. "paid it forward."
It makes me wonder if they thought about who the person was who paid for their meal was. Maybe they thought I saw them in my rear view mirror and fell totally in love with them; this is Provo, after all. Maybe they thought I was looking to lift myself up and to make myself a better person. You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment