Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall is in the Air.

As the leaves begin to change and the season turns to fall, we begin to expect lower temperatures, snow, and big winter jackets. This year is no different. The leaves on the trees in the mountains are turning a brilliant shade of red and it seems to be cooler during the days. Earlier this week I had heard a weather report saying that there was a chance of snow on Wednesday. I was fully prepared for this. I got out my jacket Tuesday night and I planned my outfit for the following day. When I woke up on Wednesday morning, it was pouring. I decided that it would probably be best if I drove to school because I needed to look nice for the career fair and my job later that day. I grabbed my car keys and went up to campus. I was walking on the side of a road that is on campus, when a car was coming my way. Before I knew it, in slow motion, I could see a huge gush of water coming my way. All I could do was stand there and get completely soaked by gallons of water splashed on me by this car. The only thought that went through my head was Really? My plan to look nice and put together was thwarted. I was completely soaked. I quickly ran to my class and spent the rest of the day drying and freezing cold. Oh how I love fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment