Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Musquash

Earlier this evening, around 7:00, I decided to head down to my bedroom. I took my computer with me so I could do a little apartment shopping. :) As I sat there on my bed, listening to some sweet tunes, I heard some scratching. It was coming from my window. First I thought it could be rain. I woke up to rain last night, but then I decided that couldn't be it because it was a scratching noise. I dismissed that thought and continued on my merry way. I heard it again. I turned off my computer so I could hear it better. When I heard the scratching again I thought it might be a bush or something...but wait! There are no bushes in the window well. Ok then, I decided to look out the window. I pulled up the blinds and GAH! There is a creepy set of eyeballs staring in my window!!!! I dropped the blinds and ran upstairs as fast as I possibly could. Surprisingly, I told my mom, dad, and Daniel to come downstairs very calmly. They came downstairs and looked in the window to find a big old nasty critter. We couldn't decide whether it was a large rat, or even what it was (we're city people, ok?). After referring to the internet, we decided it was a muskrat. DISGUSTING! I've been creeped out the entire evening. I'm debating sleeping on the couch tonight. Here are some pictures of the little bugger. Please note the nasty long tail that is about a foot long and those dang claws. Gross.





Musquash is the Native American name of the muskrat (Thank you Google!).

1 comment: